Friday, July 27, 2012

Introduction and Welcome





Bookmark this link to revisit for new posts:
http://teaching-snippets.blogspot.com


Thanks for visiting.   I spent my most rewarding employment years helping a diverse, clever, and spirited faculty and staff at Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu.  Writing for them monthly was a source of immense joy, for it opened conversations between us that stimulated professional growth of the community and was one of my most important sources of learning.  


I retired in early 2012 and as this is published, I am beginning a cross-country journey to a new residence in Shelburne, VT.


In part this blog revisits and refreshes some of my previous writing, and I am doing it in a form that makes it accessible to my earlier readers at HPU, as well as to other faculty developers who may wish to use parts of it to engage their own faculty.  The blog address can be passed on to anyone, and I can make it available in a document form so that you can use parts of it or all of it to create your own newsletter.


Future posts:


August:  developing supportive relationships with students and between students


September:  motivation


October: preventing and managing student incivility.


Please write me with ideas for new topics, or to ask for a document attachment for any specific blog post:  coach.faculty@gmail.com.


Michael W. Dabney
702 Wake Robin Drive
Shelburne, VT  05482


808-781-3294

No comments:

Post a Comment